We offer a wide range of controlling and financial consulting services that promote rapid and reliable decision making in your company.
Our experts are ready to help you either to establish your controlling activities or to revise and improve your existing controlling framework.
Effective controlling functions give you access to detailed, up-to-date information about your business. Your reporting structure will give you a good grip on your company's finances, operational KPIs, and cash flow status. More than that, we help you create a planning and budgeting process with which you can analyze and evaluate future business opportunities.
Creating a controlling concept and structure
Based on our experience, too many companies operate with a limited controlling capacity when their size and complexity actually require a much more sophisticated approach.
With the assistance of our experienced colleagues, we offer your company these benefits:
- Establishment of controlling functions in line with the enterprise's profile, size, and complexity
- Revision and reorganisation of processes and functions related to controlling.
- Support for the introduction of management accounting information technology platforms.
Our consulting services will help you form your own smooth-running operational planning and reporting structure that will provide up-to-date and accurate information for your business decisions.
Planning and budgeting
An integrated business-forecasting and budgeting model is essential for effective planning. Our business modeling method, developed over many years of research and experience, can support you in improving this aspect of your company's management.
Business planning models are used in the following areas:
- annual business planning
- strategic planning
- cash flow forecasting
Information on business planning (Hungarian)
Planning and Risk Analysis
In many companies, planning does not systematically consider strategic risks. Most corporate plans are static and allow only a couple of planning variants. We help you to adopt risk analysis methodologies that enrich your business planning and budgeting models and allow working out multiple contingency plans.
Cash flow management
Traditional profit and loss statements and balance sheets provide general summaries of a company's business activity, but they do not reflect the details of its liquidity position. Based on our experience, many companies do not put enough effort into analysing and monitoring their cash flow.
There are many ways we can help you manage your cash flow:
- Assessing your company's current cash flow
- Identifying actions related to the cash flow structure and giving preliminary assessments of their effects
- Creation and revision of cash flow reports
- Performing a cash flow audit, which includes a detailed analysis of the cash flow structure, identification of critical points, and suggestions for short-term improvement. During a cash flow audit, we do the following:
- Distinguish between the operating, investing, and financing cash flows.
- Investigate the application of direct and indirect methods.
- Identify and assess the critical elements in detail. (Usually these are trade receivables, other receivables, and liabilities.)
- Evaluate investments, making the distinction between asset replacement investments and new business development investments.
- Assess the effects of critical drivers.
- Establish realistic targets for the short and medium term.
- Creating or improving the cash flow monitoring structure
- Suggestions for the structure of cash flow reports
- Definition of requirements for introducing rolling direct cash flow
- Definition of internal procedures and rules to compile reliable and regular rolling cash flow
- Reconciliation of the profit plan with the cash flow plan
- Establishment of connections of cash flow reports to other internal systems.
Performance indicator systems
Dynamic evaluation of operating efficiency is one of the most important elements in the controlling toolkit. It requires systems that are capable of showing the most important financial and operational indicators in all their complexity.
We help you to design and create indicator systems and to implement compatible business processes.
Balanced Scorecard methodology combines and balances the financial viewpoint with the viewpoints of customers, internal business processes, and learning and growth.
In our experience, the successful implementation of a Balanced Scorecard reporting framework is not a straightforward process. Our knowledgeable consultants can help you establish a tailored, efficient Balanced Scorecard performance indicator system—and overcome the related difficulties.
Cost control and cost-efficiency
Today's rapidly changing economic environment requires cost-effective corporate performance, and it is necessary to continuously improve the cost structure and to tighten cost controls. Our experts will help you to review your company's cost structures and suggest the necessary changes.
Activity-based costing (ABC)
Corporate managers need to have a complete understanding of the real cost and profit-generating potential of their products and services.
In order to make the right decision, managers need a solid approach for allocating the actual material and human resources related costs to products and services.
Incomplete or “guess-timated” cost allocations can lead to inaccurate pricing, bad choices, and wasted resources. Our improved activity-based costing method leads to effective cost control, answers your pricing questions, and supports profit-oriented decision-making.
- Strategic planning (planning model + documentation); investment negotiation support for various corporations in different industries (since 2005) Industries include: manufacturing, retail, financial services, IT, consulting, Logistics & SCM
- Investment portfolio management - process definition, definition of portfolio management performance indicators, support the introduction of the new processes (Leading Hungarian Venture Capital Investor - 2013)
- Controlling framework due diligence and reorganization; support budgeting process; cash flow forecasting; inventory management review; management coaching (Leading Retail Company, Hungary, between 2006 and 2014 in various projects)
- Preparation of business planning model, review of previous planning models, support of planning process (Leading Hungarian webshop operator - 2012)
- Preparation of business planning model, support of planning process (Europ Assistance Mo. Ltd. - 2011)
- Review of product group profitability (Leading Hungarian Food manufacturer - 2012)
- Preparation of group level controlling concept (Épszer Unió Group - 2005)
- Review of business plan, support the sale of the Group (International Horeca Group - 2008)
- Decision making support relating to large CAPEX projects at a leading Hungarian Food Manufacturer (2008)
- Activity Based Costing calculations for a retail bank (IT and back office areas) in Hungary (2007-2008)
- Preparation of a business plan for a non-profit institution; integrating balanced scorecard approach to business plan (2008/2009)
- Support the controlling framework redesign of sales departments at MÁV Start (rail operator) (2008)
- Transfer pricing calculations and related documentation at a regional retail group's Hungarian subsidiary (2009) together with tax advisor partner
- Preparation of consolidated financial report for a leading utility service company in Hungary (2009) with an audit partner
- Support of reorganization plan and preparation of a detailed business model at a Hungarian logistics company (2009-2010)
- Review of strategy and calculation of corporate value; review of reporting structure and recommendations for improvement - leading Hungarian food manufacturer (2008)
- Review of strategy, preparation of strategic map; support the due diligence of acquisition targets; review of cash flow forecasting structure - Hungarian technology company (between 2007 and 2009)
- Group level strategic mapping (for the balanced scorecard system) at Bonitas Group (currently Bonafarm Group) (2006-2007)